Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Scare and run

Okay, so I was just walking with Peanut last night and there was an adorable little pooch walking up to Peanut. It was a neighbor's dog, but it wasn't on leash(big no-no... especially at night) and as the pooch got closer, she snapped. I was going to pick up peanut as fast as I could, but Peanut got so scared of the dog that he pulled so hard that I felt like he was going to drag me but instead, he pulled his collar off and I chased him. He was a race car. He was so fast, but the good news is that... he ran home. No, he didn't sprint into the bushes. No, he didn't sprint under a parked car. He ran directly home without a second thought. He just waited at the door all nervous and anxious for me to open the door. Lesson: use a harness. I just can't believe he ran home.... he must love me that much to run home :D))) I would be heart-broken if he were gone. I Peanut so much and it was a relief to know he didn't run away, but he still gets scared whenever I walk by the place where he saw the dog. Oh Peanut...

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, so scary! Maybe try a martingale collar.. they tighten so dogs can't slip their heads out (but they don't choke).

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for peanut. flight is underrated publicly among humans but remains very effective.

    ReplyDelete

Got Peanut?