Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back n' Bones

It's sick how Corgis are the ones who are chosen to have all these dreadful problems.

For Pembrokes:
  • Canine Hip Dysplasia(CHD), Intervertebral Disc Disease, Epilepsy, Degenerative Myelopathy, von Willebrand's Disease(vWD), Progressive Retinal Atrophy(PRA), Lens Luxation, Urinary Stones
For Cardigans:
  • Canine Hip Dysplasia(CHD), Degenerative Myelopathy, Progressive Retinal Atrophy(PRA), Lens Luxation, Urinary Stones


Well as we all can see, the Cardigan Welsh Corgi is the lucky one! *Grunt* The poor little Pembrokes struggle with even more problems :(
I would pass-out if I heard that Peanut had a problem. I cross my fingers to have Peanut never get anything... which is less likely to happen because he will get old. And if he does get whatever is above for the Pembroke. Have you had any sort of dog that has ever had a life-threatening problem? Is your companion at risk?

2 comments:

  1. I know that corgis are really prone to back problems and the hip dysplasia because of their short legs. That's why it is so important for them not to get too overweight and also to not jump up and down things.

    thankfully, we haven't had a dog with a serious health problem yet. It would sadden me too

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family lab ended up with bad cancer everywhere :(

    The problem wasn't her though - the vet my parents took her to was giving her the wrong drugs and everything and almost killed her just by that.

    They switched vets and she lived another three years! Yes they would have put her down if she was in a lot of pain (they finally did) - most of the cancer they found was banine? I think that's how you say it haha

    I hope and hope that my babies pass away of old age and nothing terrible...

    ReplyDelete

Got Peanut?